Thursday 23 August 2012

Handmade cufflinks

I've been checking my cufflink collection lately and am considering adding something from Corazon Latino. It's a company that sounds Italian but don't be fooled, they're in Wiltshire. They've sent me a pair of the Arion sterling silver model to try out (£95).

The unusual thing about these, and I admit I'd normally look at something closer to the £60 mark, is that the backs are silver as well as the front. This means they won't tarnish unevenly and of course they'll respond well to silver cleaner. Which they'll need to; I have a pair of hammered silver cufflinks with a square design from a woman who makes them locally, and keeping them clean is a bit of a pain to be honest.

The Corazon Latino cufflinks are good for making an impression - slightly on the large side, more for an evening out than for a business meeting. The detail on the fastener at the back is a nice touch as it means they'll look pretty good from both sides, if anyone happens to be looking.

If I'm honest they're a little too big for most of my purposes; if I were buying from this site I'd probably be looking at the Andata design rather than these. But they're solid, hallmarked and come with a silver cleaning cloth - the site is well worth a look.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! These silver cufflinks are too good.I have all stuff of silver as I find them classy,moreover it suits all girls I guess.

    ReplyDelete

I've now opened comments up to 'everybody' - but I'll be moderating, purely to avoid spam and blatantly commercial responses. Comment away - I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say!